Girls’ trips are the best for reconnecting with your besties, letting loose, and enjoying some much-deserved fun. And there’s no better place for a girls’ getaway than Nashville, Tennessee. Yep, we’re biased, but that just means we know how amazing Music City really is. But don’t just take our word for it. Nashville has also made Southern Living’s list of The Best Trips to Take with Your Girlfriends in 2021 and Reader’s Digest’s 25 of the Best Girls’ Weekend Getaways Across America list. And if that’s not enough, here are our favorite reasons to take a girls’ trip to Nashville.
1. Honky Tonks – Truly, where else are you going to find live country music day and night AND be able to enjoy it in bars and restaurants owned by your favorite stars like Miranda Lambert’s Casa Rosa Tex Mex Cantina, Blake Shelton’s Ole Red, and Dierks Bentley’s Whiskey Row? And don’t forget the classic honky tonks, like Tootsie’s Orchid Lounge, Robert’s Western World, and Layla’s.
2. Shopping – How else will you find the best garb to dance the night away? But seriously, Nashville is a shopping destination, so you might as well take advantage of it. There’s a range of boutiques in Hillsboro Village, including designer liquidator UAL, Posh, Revv, Molly Green, Native + Nomad, and local specialty stores in 12 South like Reese Witherspoon’s Draper James. Germantown also has a bustlings indie retail scene, and you can’t miss the shops in the Fatherland District and Five Points areas of East Nashville.
3. Culture – Yes, there’s plenty of music history to explore on your girl’s trip to Nashville at the Grand Ole Opry, Ryman Auditorium, Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum, Johnny Cash Museum, Patsy Cline Museum, Glen Campbell Museum, the National Museum of African American Music, and RCA Studio B. But there’s also the Frist Art Museum, Aaron Douglas Gallery, Tennessee State Museum, Hatch Show Print, Belle Meade Plantation, Cheekwood Estate & Gardens, The Parthenon, and Andrew Jackson’s Hermitage.
4. Wineries and Breweries – Many are surprised to learn that Music City has wineries too! Arrington Vineyards is a must-see for your girl’s trip to Nashville. Co-owned by country music superstar Kix Brooks (of Brooks & Dunn), it’s conveniently located just 30 minutes outside Nashville. The winery features 95 acres of vineyards, five tasting rooms, gorgeous views, shaded picnic areas, and live music on weekends from April to November. However, if craft beer is more your thing, we have plenty of that, too, with breweries like Yazoo, Black Abbey, Tennessee Brew Works, and New Heights Brewing.
5. Dining – Although Nashville will always be known for its signature southern fare (hot chicken or barbeque, anyone?), it’s also quickly gaining acclaim as a foodie destination. Staples include Prince’s Hot Chicken, the Loveless Café, Big Al’s Deli, Ed’s Fish and Pizza House, and Arnold’s Country Kitchen. Other must-try restaurants are Butcher & Bee, The Continental Nashville, The Catbird Seat, Pinewood Social, 404 Kitchen, and Pelican and Pig. Of course, we don’t think any girl’s trip to Nashville would be complete without visiting White Limozeen, a Dolly Parton-inspired rooftop bar and restaurant.
6. The Vibe – Truly, the heart of Nashville is its southern hospitality. We don’t think you’ll find a friendlier, more laid-back, and welcoming place for your girl’s trip anywhere. While you’ll find hospitality wherever you are in Music City, each neighborhood has its own distinct vibe, which makes exploring even more fun. 12South is one of Nashville’s most walkable neighborhoods and is home to the famous “I Believe in Nashville” mural. Germantown is one of Nashville’s oldest neighborhoods, and its streets are lined with beautiful Victorian buildings and homes. The Gulch is modern, bustling, and it’s a LEED-certified community. And that’s just the start!
Where to Stay on Your Girls’ Trip to Nashville
Music City Loft offers vacation rentals in the heart of downtown Nashville for an affordable price with unmatched luxury and comfort. We even have three-bedroom lofts which are ideal for large groups and girls’ trips to Nashville, and with us, you can book direct for added convenience. We invite our guests to live like a local — even if it’s just for a few days.